6-year MD program is designed for high school/secondary school graduates. It is a full time study programÂ based on requirements which are obligatory for the Polish medical higher education institutions and is adequate to EU standards.
Intake: once a year in Fall
Program consists of 3 years ( 6 semesters) of pre-clinical, basic subjects; anatomy, medical chemistry, biology, biophysics, physiology, histology and cell biology, microbiology, pathomorphology, pharmacologyÂ and others andÂ 3 years (6 semesters) of clinical subjects as internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, radiology, family medicine, neurology, oncology & palliative care, otolaryngology, ophthalmology, infectious diseases and others.
Length ofÂ theÂ academic year: October – June
Degree obtained : LEKARZ (MD)
To obtain qualification of a doctor of medicine (LEKARZ) and get the right to practice medicine in Poland the graduate should p Â and pass the Physicians Final Examination, called LEK ( Lekarski Egzamin KoĹcowy), which is also conducted in English and complete one year of an internship.
A certificate confirming the passing of this exam is also listed in point 5.1.1 of Annex V to Directive 2005/36/EC as a certificate accompanying the Polish medical diploma.
INTERNSHIP â The Polish Senate has accepted the legislative draft on restoring a one year POST GRADUATE MEDICAL/DENTAL INTERNSHIP. The Act on the postgraduate internship enters into force starting January 1st, 2017
For further information concerning internship in Poland and LEK the graduates should refer to the Polish Chamber of Physician and Dentists (http://www.nil.org.pl/english) or to the respective Regional Chambers (OkrÄgowa Izba Lekarska)
- All graduates, who completedÂ the studies in Englishand wantÂ to apply for the postgraduate internship Â in PolandÂ have to pass the exam of Polish language conducted by the Polish Chamber of Physician and Dentists. It is obligatory for all graduates including Polish and EU citizens.
- A fee is required for any certification issued by the Polish Chamber of Physicians and Dentists upon the request of the holder of the MD or DMD degree concerning the procedure of recognition of the MD or DMD qualifications in the EU countries.
The fee for one certificate is calculated as the 3% of the minimal salary in Poland in the year of the certificate issue. In 2016 it is 55.50 PLN
LEK (Physicians Final Examination) and LDEK (Dentists Final Examination) Medical Examination Centre in ĹĂłdĹş (http://www.cem.edu.pl/)
- Booklist for 1st year
- CALENDAR 6MD 2016-2017
- Course description
- Course Coordinators
- Curriculum 6 MD -2016-2017
- PROGRAM 6MD 16-17 – I year
- PROGRAM 6MD 16-17 – II year
- PROGRAM 6MD 16-17 – III year
- PROGRAM 6MD 16-17 – IV year
- PROGRAM 6MD 16-17 – V year
- PROGRAM 6MD 16-17 – VI year
- 1-6 MD TIMETABLE 2016-17 – winter
- TIMETABLE-2016-17-1st-6 MD-WINTER – KEY
- 1-6 MD ELECTIVES – TIMETABLE 2016-17 – winter
- 3-6 MD TIMETABLE 2016-17 – winter
- TIMETABLE 2016-17 -3rd-6 MD – WINTER – KEY
- 3-6 MD ELECTIVES -TIMETABLE-2016-17 – winter
- 4-6 MD TIMETABLE 2016-17
- KEY-LIST OF DEPARTMENTS 2016-17-4th-6MD
- 4-6 MD ELECTIVES – TIMETABLE 2016-17 – winter
- 6-6 MD TIMETABLE-2016-17
- KEY-LIST OF DEPARTMENTS 2016-17- 6th – 6 MD
- 6-6 MD ELECTIVES -TIMETABLE 2016-17 – winter
Winter Examination Session 2016/2017