Lodz is a thriving center of academic life. There are 6 higher education establishments operating for more than a half of the century:
- Akademia Muzyczna im. GraĆŒyny i Kiejstuta BacewiczĂłw w Ćodzi (Grazyna and Kiejstut Bacewicz Academy of Music in Lodz)
- Akademia Sztuk PiÄknych im. WĆadysĆawa StrzemiĆskiego w Ćodzi (Wladyslaw Strzeminski Academy of Art in Lodz)
- PaĆstwowa WyĆŒsza SzkoĆa Filmowa, Telewizyjna i Teatralna im. L. Schillera (L. Schiller Polish National Film, Television and Theatre School)
- Politechnika ĆĂłdzka (Technical University of Lodz)
- Uniwersytet ĆĂłdzki (University of Lodz)
- Uniwersytet Medyczny (Medical University of Lodz)
In recent years, an estimated number of 15 private higher education establishments were created (including Akademia Humanistyczno â Ekonomiczna, University of Humanities and Economics â the biggest in Lodz and one of the biggest in Poland), which gives students better educational opportunities than before.
The excellent scientific staff of the higher education establishments in Lodz is complemented by Lodzâs scientists from the Institute of the Polish Academy of Science (PAN) and scientific ministerial institutes working within the field of the occupational medicine, textile, paper and leather industries. The number of students in the higher education establishments in Lodz is still growing. Currently, they educate over 100,000 students from Poland and other countries.