What are cookies?
Cookies Â – small pieces of information sent by a web server and stored on the user side (typically the hard disk) that contain mostly the website name, the storage time of the end device and a unique number. The default parameters of the cookies allow to read the information contained therein only to the server that created them. These files allow the user to identify the device and properly display a web page tailored to their individual preferences.
Types of cookies
There are two types of cookies:
Session – temporary files that are on your device until you log off from the website or disable the software (web browser).
Persistent – files remain on your device for the time specified in the parameters of cookies or until they are manually removed by the user.
Cookies used by the website operatorâ€™s partners, including in particular the users of the website, are subject to their own privacy policies.
Cookies and personal data
Personal information collected by means of cookies may be gathered only for the purpose of performing specific functions for the user. Such data are encrypted to prevent access by unauthorized persons.
- At the top of the Chrome browser, click the „Chrome Menu” –Â the icon on the browser toolbar with three stripes.
- Select „Settings”.
- Click „Show advanced settings”.
- In the „Privacy” section click „Content Settings”.
- In the „Cookies” click „All cookies and site data” to open the dialog box „Cookies and Other Data”.
- Depending on your decision select the „Allow local data storage”, „Block attempts to place data from websites on your computer”, „Ignore exceptions and block the third-party cookies” or „Delete”.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click „Firefox” (in Windows XP, click the „Tools” menu) and select „Options”.
- In the „Privacy” section, select „Use custom settings for user’s” history.
- Depending on the decision, select „accept cookies”.
- At the top of the browser window select „Tools” and then click „Internet Options.”
- On the „Privacy” tabÂ in the „Advanced” section select how to handle the cookies”.
- At the top of the browser window, go to „Settings”, then „Preferences” and select „Advanced”.
- Select „Cookies” section.
- Depending on the decision, select „Accept”, „Accept cookies only from sites I visit”, „Delete new cookies when exiting Opera”, „Manage cookies”.