According to §9, point 5 of Rules & Regulations of Studies of the Medical University of Lodz: “Vocational placement trainings are a compulsory element of education, if included in the program of studies”.
Summer Training Update in connection with SARS-CoV-2
Please be kindly informed that we are in the continuous process of holding talks with the hospitals on the possibilities of conducting summer training during the summer break.
We will keep you informed about decisions made and possible solutions.
However, taking into consideration the ongoing epidemiological situation, current opportunities of completing the summer training may be limited.
Simultaneously, please be reminded that in connection with the Rector’s Directive no. 39/2020 of 6th May 2020:
- If the summer vocational placement training cannot be completed within the time limit provided for in the study program (the end of the academic year 2019/2020) due to the epidemiological situation caused by COVID-19, crediting of the summer vocational placement training may take place no later than by the end of the academic year 2020/2021 (in particularly justified cases it may be prolonged.) (§1)
- A student who, in the academic year 2019/2020, performed voluntary tasks realized by medical bodies in connection with SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, may apply to the Vice-Dean responsible for student affairs for permission to credit the abovementioned volunteering as part of the summer vocational placement training provided for in the study program. The student attaches an original of the certificate of voluntary service confirming the performance of said voluntary activities to the application to the Vice-Dean (§ 2).
Directive of the Rector of the Medical University of Lodz no. 39_2020
Request to credit the voluntary service
Certificate of voluntary service
- Each student needs to complete the Training by the end of the summer retake examination session
- In order to have the training credited the Students need to complete it and submit a Summer Training Chart filled in, stamped and signed by the Training Supervisor at the Dean’s Office – to your Administrative Coordinator (or have it sent directly to the Dean’s office by the hospital) before the deadline mentioned in point 1.
- The training must be conducted according to the program presented in the appropriate Summer Training Chart. Summer Training Charts for each year of studies can be downloaded below.
- The Students must have valid Safe Student Life Insurance (malpractice insurance) and Hepatitis b Vaccination (or confirmed Hepatitis B immunity)
- The students can decide to:
- complete the training organized on their own – in Łódź or other cities/countries during the whole academic year – but remember that your classes are your priority! If you decide to do the training organized on your own you will be responsible for all arrangements. You can ask your coordinator for the letter of recommendation in case if you need one.
- complete the training organized by the Medical University of Łódź – in different hospitals in the Łódź agglomeration, only during summer holidays – please keep in mind that the summer holidays may vary depending on the program/year of studies. If you decide to do the Training organized by MUL you will be supported in getting the placement.In the summer semester all students receive an e-mail from the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address and have to reply to that e-mail in the given deadline
- According to the curriculum of the studies you have to complete specific fields of the training on each year of studies:
1st year – nursing (120 hours/4 weeks)
2nd year – family medicine (90 hours/3 weeks) AND emergency aid (30 hours/1 week)
3rd year – internal medicine (120 hours/4 weeks)
4th year – pediatrics (60 hours/2 weeks) AND intensive therapy (60 hours/2 weeks)
5th year – obstetrics & gynecology (60 hours/2 weeks) AND surgery (60 hours/2 weeks)
3rd year – nursing (120 hours/4 weeks)
4th year – family medicine (90 hours/3 weeks) AND emergency aid (30 hours/1 week) AND internal medicine (120 hours/4 weeks)
5th year – pediatrics (60 hours/2 weeks) AND intensive therapy (60 hours/2 weeks) AND obstetrics & gynecology (60 hours/2 weeks) AND surgery (60 hours/2 weeks)
1st year – organization of medical care (60 hours/2 weeks) AND dental surgery assistance (60 hours/2 weeks)
2nd year – dental surgery assistance (60 hours/2 weeks) AND dental surgery practice (60 hours/2 weeks)
3rd year – maxillofacial surgery OR internal diseases OR general surgery (60 hours/2 weeks) AND dental surgery practice (60 hours/2 weeks)
4th year – dental surgery practice (120 hours/4 weeks)
If you have any queries, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com