- The procedure of applying for an exemption from courses concerns only those who obtained a student status (this excludes participation in the procedure and any exemptions for those enrolled on the first semester of the 1st year of studies).
- It is recommended to start the procedure at least 4 weeks before the start of the semester.
- The student fills out the Course Exemption (Credit Transfer) FormÂ listing the courses he/she wants to be exempted fromâ€“ regardless of the limit of 25% of the total amount of ECTS points. In addition â€“ separately for each selected course the student fills out Attachments of the Exemption Form. Each attachment needs to be numerated according to the number of subjects.
- Being exempted from courses does not release the student from paying tuition fees in full.
- The procedure must be completed i.e. submitted for the final approval of the Dean for Studies in EnglishÂ before the start of the semester.
Stage One â€“ the student submits the documents for verification to the Supervisor for Didactics and Educational Methodology. The time for the verification of documents and forms in the first stage should not exceed 7 working days. In case of the Supervisorâ€™s absence he appoints a substitute.
(person responsible: the Student)
Supervisor for Didactics and Educational Methodology:
a) verifies if the courses from which credits are to be recognized by the Medical University of Lodz are university courses (credited/completed at the university accredited in the particular country – Supervisor should check the accreditation); in case of students of the 4-year program â€“ verifies whether these courses were not recognized as prerequisites considered as requirements for admission for the 4-year program â€“ A detailed analysis of the studentâ€™s admission documentation.
( person responsible: the Supervisor)
Stage Two –Â after obtaining the signature of the Supervisor for Didactics and Educational Methodology the student submits the Exemption Form along with the attachments to the academic teacher of a given subject for obtaining his/her approval and the grade from the course.
(persons responsible: the student and the academic teacher)
Stage Three â€“ verification by the Supervisor for Didactics and Educational Methodology if the 25% limit of the total ECTS points for a given semester was not exceeded. In case the total number of ECTS points from the subjects the student was exempted from exceeds the limit of 25% (during the second stage), student must choose the courses for exemption within the limit of 25 % of the total ECTS points. Information on the final selection of the subjects is included in the Exemption Form and confirmed by the signatures of the Supervisor for Didactics and Educational Methodology and the Student
(person responsible: the Supervisor and the Student)
Stage Four – Approval of the Dean for Studies in English
(person responsible: the Dean)
Stage Five – Submitting the Exemption Form approved by the Dean to the respective Administrative Coordinator
(person responsible: the Deanâ€™s Secretary)
What you need to do to get the course exemption in 11 steps:
Step 1. Go to the University website and find the Course Exemption Form
Step. 2 Fill in the Course Exemption Form â€“ your personal data , the names of all courses you would like to get exempted from and the number of attachments â€“ one for each course
Step. 3 Fill in the Attachments â€“ each course in a separate attachment
Step. 4 Prepare the transcript of academic records confirming the courses completion as well as the detailed syllabus of each course you would like to get exempted from.
Step.Â 5Â Submit the Course Exemption Form , Attachments, your transcript and syllabuses at the Supervisor for Didactics and Educational Methodologyâ€™s OfficeÂ for formal verification.
phone: +48 795 245 140
Office hours :
24 January 9:00 -13:00 (Tuesday)
26 January 9:00 -13:00 (Thursday)
31 January 9:00 -13:00 (Tuesday)
2 February 9:00 -13:00 (Thursday)
7 February 9:00 -13:00 (Tuesday)
9 February 9:00 -13:00 (Thursday)
14 February 9:00 -13:00 (Tuesday)
16 February 9:00 -13:00 (Thursday)
Step. 6 After receiving information from the Supervisor for Didactics and Educational Methodology by e-mail or by phone (within 7 days) you collect your documents from his office.
Step. 7 Go to the course coordinator of each course you would like to get exempted from to get his/her opinion and, in case of consent, the grade from the course.
Step. 8 Once you have all the opinions of the course coordinators, go back to the Supervisor for Didactics and Educational Methodology who will analyze your documents again. Since you are allowed to get exempted from the courses being assigned maximum 25%Â of total number of ECTS points in a given semester of studies the final decision will be taken by the Supervisor in cooperation with you.
Step. 9 After the final choice of the courses you get exempted from has been made you confirm that you have read and fully understood the content of the form with your signature and leave all the documents with the Supervisor.
Step. 10 The Supervisor passes your documents to the Dean who makes a respective decision.
Step. 11 The Deanâ€™s Secretary passes the information to your Academic Coordinator who informs you about the final outcome of the process.
Please remember that:
- whole procedure needs to be completed before the beginning of the semester so you need to start it respectively earlier â€“ recommended time isÂ at least 4 weeks before the beginning of the semester
- Â you need to submit the originals of the documents personally
- being exempted from courses does not release you from paying tuition fees in full.