To complete the application process the Applicants have to submit to the University the original (hard copies) of the following documents:
- APPLICATION FORM – filled in, downloaded from the on-line registration system and printed. Then signed by the Applicant. All check boxes should be marked by hand again and answers specified when required.
- DIPLOMA – legalised original (or duplicate) of relevant education certificate (a diploma or another document confirming graduation from a foreign school). Holders of the IB Diplomas (International Baccalaureate) issued by the International Baccalaureate Organization in Geneva and holders of the EB Diplomas (European Baccalaureate) issued by the European Schools, in accordance with the Convention on the Statute of the European Schools drawn up in Luxembourg on June 21, 1994 (Journal of Laws of 2005, No. 3, item 10) – there is recognition under the law, you need to deliver the original IB or EB Diploma (or a notary confirmed copy) to the office on Hallera Square 1.
In case of certificates issued by a school or by and educational institution operating in the system of a country which is party to the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents concluded on 5th October 1961 (Journal of Laws of 2005 No. 112, item. 938 and 939), you should submit an Apostille issued by the competenct authority if the stage or country from which the certificate originates.
The apostille can be placed on original diploma/certificate or on its duplicate – available for inspection, or on a copy of the certificate whohe faithfulness to the original has been confirmed by a notary.
www.hcch.net – the valid list of countries – parties to the Hague Convention
In the case of certificates issued by a school or by an educational institution operating in the education system of a country which IS NOT a party to the Hague Convention you need to submit the original or a duplicate of a foreign certificate legalised by:
- a consul of the Republic of Poland based in the county where or in whose education system the certificate has been issued, or;
- the education authorities of the country where or in whose education system the certificate has been issued, or;
- a diplomatic representation accredited in the Republic of Poland or in another member state of the European Union, in a member state of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) – party to the contract of European Economic Area (EEA) or in a member state of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
* Please learn more about apostille here: HCCH APOSTILLE SECTION
NOTE: If you graduated from school, that follows for example the Indian Curriculum (India is a country from which an Apostille is required) and you studied at that school in Kuwait (a country from which legalization is required), then you must apply for an Apostille from India, not legalization from Kuwait. The same applies for A-level Certificates obtained at schools located in other countries than Great Britain – for these you must have an Apostille from Great Britain (the country whose national curriculum you were following at your school).
- TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS – you need a documentary evidence of learning in a foreign school containing:
- a list of grades received from an exam determining the graduation from a school or a completion of a given educational stage,
- a list of completed subjects and classes as well as grades.
It should be confirmed by a school or by an educational institution which has issued the certificate, or by education authorities.
NOTE: Grades may be included in the diploma / certificate itself. In this case there is no need of submitting any additional document.
- ELIGIBILTY STATEMENT – an information on the right to continuation of learning at an appropriate level in the country where diploma or certificate has been issued (including university studies, in which domain). Unless the diploma / certificate itself contains such information.
Eligibility statement not needed
If your diploma was issued in one of the following countries:Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Iceland, Italy, israel, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Mexico, New Zeland, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United States of America you do not have to submit the Eligibility Statement.
Eligibility statement needed
Holders of diplomas/certificates issued by the countries which ARE NOT listed in the column on the left – you need to deliver the Eligibility Statement: this is the requirement of Department of Education in Łódź („Kuratorium Oświaty”). This document has to be signed by:
- the educational authorities of the country where the diploma/certificate has been issued (Ministry of Education);
- an accredited diplomatic representative in Poland or consular office of the country where the certificate has been issued (Embassy of the country where the diploma/certificate has been issued);
- a consul of the Republic of Poland based in the country where the certificate has been issued.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE for non-native English speakers
- HEPATITIS B IMMUNIZATION PROOF– result of antibody surface test made in the out-patient clinic in Poland (the cost of such examination is on the candidate’s account)
- PASSPORT PHOTOCOPY
- 2 RECENT PASSPORT PHOTOS signed on the back
RECOGNITION OF THE DOCUMENTS AT DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (KURATORIUM OŚWIATY) IN ŁÓDŹ – DECISION
To be submitted at the Office
on Hallera Square 1
If your diploma was issued in one of the following countries: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Iceland, Italy, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembrug, Malta, Mexico, New Zeland, Norway, portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, united States od America your documents must be submitted directly to the Dean’s Office on Hallera Square.
Recognition at Department of Education (Kuratorium Oświaty) needed
Holders of diplomas/certificates issued by the countries which are not listed in the column on the left – you must complete the recognition process at the Department of Education („Kuratorium Oświaty”). All documents have to be delivered to the Department.
Kuratorium Oświaty: 33 Więckowskiego St., 90-734 Łódź
After verification the Statement of Recognition is issued.
For full instruction regarding school documents that need to be submitted and the recognition process please click:
Early bird discount: We offer 10% discount of the amount of the tuition fee for the 1st year of studies for those who successfully go through the whole admission procedure and get our Letter of Acceptance dated June 15, 2023 at the latest and make the payment by June 30, 2023.