- Polish medical and dental qualifications are subject to automatic recognition in countries of the European Economic Area and European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Latvia, Malta, Germany, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Hungary, Italy and also in Switzerland.
- MUL Graduates who pass LEK/LDEK exam and complete practical training can practice in United Kingdom: https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-and-licensing/join-the-register/eea-countries/poland
- Our University is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools with an ECFMG® Sponsor Note. For the graduation years indicated in the Sponsor Note, our students and graduates are eligible to apply to ECFMG for ECFMG Certification and USMLE® as a step towards ECFMG Certification.
- Poland has been reviewed by the NCFMEA and found to use standards to accredit its medical schools that are comparable to the standards used to accredit medical schools in the United States.
- Our medical diplomas are recognized by Malaysian Medical Council.
- The Medical University of Lodz is also accredited by the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research.
- MUL is listed among the universities approved by Ministry of Health and Medical Education of Iran https://islamabad.mfa.ir/en/newsview/633585/List-of-universities-approved-by-the-Ministry-of-Health-and-Medical-Education-of-IR-Iran
MUL in Rankings
- In The Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2023 (THE WUR 2023) the Medical University of Lodz was ranked third in the list of 32 classified Polish universities. Our university again obtained the best results in knowledge transfer i.e., the number of citations which is the indicator that verifies whose research stood out and was further used and developed by other researchers and, most importantly, was made accessible globally. The full ranking is available here.
- Medical University of Lodz was ranked second in the group of Polish medical universities in Shanghai Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) 2022, which measures the performance of world universities in 54 respective subjects, thereby climbing up from the fourth (301-400) to the third hundred (201-300) in Clinical Medicine whereas in Health Sciences our university maintained the same position as last year (401-500). More information about the ranking available here.
- Medical University of Lodz was ranked 9 in the top 10 in Perspektywy University Ranking. Our university is one of the most highly valued and assessed public universities in Poland. Perspektywy University Ranking is the most valued ranking of Polish state and private universities.
- MUL is also ranked fifth in Poland and 470th globally among universities offering Clinical Medicine in U.S. News Best Global Universities Ranking.
- Our University was ranked first in the discipline of Immunology and second in the discipline of Medicine among Polish universities included in TOP Universities Research.com ranking. The ranking process involved a detailed examination of data from Google Scholar and Microsoft Academic Graph (the most prominent and well-established bibliometric database of this type available to the scientific community) and included three indices: h-index, number of publications and citations in the given scientific area. This year’s ranking was developed on the data on scientific contributions since 2014 till 2021.
- The CWTS Leiden Ranking 2022 offers important insights into the scientific performance of over 1300 major universities worldwide. The Medical University of Lodz was ranked 4th among Polish Universities offering Medical programs. Leiden Ranking offers advanced bibliometric indicators and provides information exclusively about the research done at universities.