Frequently asked questions
1.When does the admission start and end?
The admission starts on February 15th. The application deadline is 15th of July.
2. How many intakes a year do you have?
We have only one intake a year in fall.
3. Do you accept transfer students?
No, we do not accept any transfers.
4. How much is the tuition fee?
The tuition fee for 6MD is 12 800 EUR for the 1st year of studies and 12 600 EUR for the years from 2nd to 6th.
5. What documents are required for the admission?
For the admission we require high school diploma and transcripts, scan of passport and personal photograph. English certificate is optional.
6. How can I apply?
To apply, please register on the website: https://registration.umed.lodz.pl/ and follow the step-by-step instructions: https://studymed.umed.pl/admission/6-year-md-medicine/application-process/
7. Do you offer any scholarships?
Our studies in English are commercial and fully payable, we do not offer any scholarships or other forms of financial support to our students.
8. Is there any application fee?
Yes, there is 120 EUR of application fee which should be paid before the entrance exam.
9. My final diploma is not our yet. Can I apply with my predicted grades?
Yes, you can apply with your mid-term grades or predicted grades.
10. When does the academic year start and end?
The official inauguration of the Academic Year 2023/2024 will be held on 29th of September 2023. The classes will start on 2nd of October.
11. What does the entrance exam looks like?
The entrance exam is an oral exam conducted online via MS Teams platform. For more information please check our website: https://studymed.umed.pl/admission/6-year-md-medicine/ms-teams-entrance-exam/
12. How many times can I take the entrance exam?
The entrance exam can be taken only once, retakes are not possible.
13. Does the University provide accommodation for the students?
The University provides limited number of places for the students in shared (double) rooms. For more information, please check our website: https://studymed.umed.pl/admission/accomodation/ Students who will not be able to book a place in University’s dorms will be provided with list of private dorms and rental agencies.
14. Should I know Polish language before coming to Poland?
No, it is not necessary to know Polish before your studies.
15. Do I need to learn Polish during my studies?
Yes, Polish classes are included in the program of the studies and are obligatory.
16. Does someone from the University staff pick up the students from the airport?
No, we do not provide such assistance.
17. Can I visit the campus before I start my studies?
Yes, you can visit the Admission Office and make a tour around the campus and the city on your own. Please note that as a non-student you will only be able to see the public places, but not the phantom rooms, labs, classrooms etc. The campus is not in one place, check out our map to plan your visit: https://studymed.umed.pl/admission/university-campus/
18. I am under 18, are there any special requirements for minor students?
As a minor you will need a parent or legal guardian indicated by your parent to sign the documents with you upon the beginning of your studies. If your parent cannot come to Łódź with you he should indicate a person who will be in charge of you until you turn 18. For that he should fill in the Power of Attorney, which should be then confirmed by the Notary Public.
19. Is Łódź a student-friendly city?
Of course! The student life in the city is blooming. There are 19 higher education institutions which make Łódź one of the biggest academic centres in Poland! Overall there are more than 70 000 students, including approximately 5 000 foreign students.
20. What is the currency in Poland?
The Polish currency is zloty (PLN). 1 zloty equals to ~ 0,22 EUR and ~ 0,24 USD.
21. How is the climate in Poland?
Climate in Poland is very differential. We have moderate temperatures in spring and fall but it can be really cold in winter (-15) and very hot in the summer (+35 C). Coming to Poland in the end of September/the beginning of October you may expect nice, warm and sunny days as well as cold, rainy and windy weather. Please remember to take some warm clothes with you as in November you may expect the first snow.
22. Is it possible to do the internship in Poland after graduation?
Yes, our students can do the internship in Poland in English language. The internship lasts 6 months and it is conducted by the University but separately from the studies: https://studymed.umed.pl/graduating-students-alumni/post-graduate-internship/
23. Is the library free for students?
Yes, the Library and Information Center is free for all MUL students and offers much more than just books: https://cib.umed.pl/en/
25. If I pay for the studies but get a visa refusal, will the University refund the payment?
Yes, the entire amount will be refunded.